Tuesday 19 June 2007

Jeremy Paxman & the Chicken

This is the weirdest dream I’ve ever had. I’m in charge of this farm only I can’t get control of it. The cows won’t come in to be milked, the pigs are crapping everywhere, even the farm’s sheep dog is totally ignoring me. It’s then that I go and look at the chickens. There are hundreds of them scattered all over the farm yard and in the middle of them all there is a gigantic one. It’s only when I get closer to it that I realise it’s actually half Jeremy Paxman, half chicken. Its his face definitely but he has this massive beak and those red dangly cheek things that chickens have. He looks at me and says,
“Which Chinese philosopher, who lived during China's tumultuous Period of Disunit, dedicated his life to searching for physical immortality, which he thought was attainable through alchemy?”
I say, “Oh god, I know this, I do”
”Come on, come on, I’m going to have to hurry you, anyone?”
I feel myself going so dry.
“It was the philosopher Ge Hong”, he says dismissively, then ruffles his feathers.

Simon S, Hebden Bridge

(Jeremy Paxman is a television presenter, host of University Challenge)

Mercury Vague : Dreams where you feel inadequate, lost, unable to move or speak are common and represent your subconscious fears for the coming day. Chickens symbolize lack of will power whereas conflictingly Paxman means tenacity. This dream is telling you that you need to work harder, to cling on to what you have achieved. Don’t let anyone take it away. Or it may just mean that you need to change your pillow from a feather filled one to an artificially filled one. Feather pillows often cause dreams about birds.

celebrity dreams no:8
posted by Mercury Vague at 13:16