Saturday 23 June 2007

Mercury Vague - diary entry #1

Mercury Vague: This diary is my confession, and it is not going to be an easy to make. You must remember that none of this is true. It's just a dream. Just random fucking neurones snapping on and off. And what I will write, however terrible it may seem, is not true. It never happened. But I did kill them. I killed both of them.
Are you reading this Dehlia Smith?; reading it and taking mental notes in your sun dappled kitchen as you delicately grate parmezan. I dedicate the words that follow to you.

I met JK in the Autumn of last year...touting 'round television companies for work..anything...anything psychical...surely they needed someone like me to bring a different edge to their sordid little shows...I didn't want a whole half hour to myself...changing some idiot's life by analysing their dreams...all I wanted was a slot...and it was JK that said yes.


He thought his show was fading...needed something different...something that people would talk about...I remember his words...Mercury,he said, you are going to be my water cooler part of the show. You will get people talking...and he made me feel so warm and welcome... I remember the day clearly even down to the smell of his aftershave and the pressure of his hand on my back...that very first day...and then just a week later...Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you all to a new member on the JK team, someone with very special powers...I was sure I was going to be sick...so very sick...Please Welcome, psychic extraordinaire, Mercury Vague...none of this is true.
posted by Mercury Vague at 21:56