Saturday 30 June 2007

JK's dream #1: Noel Edmonds & the New Heart

A week after starting JK takes me aside after a show...Mercury, he says, I had the f***ing wildest dream last night, can I tell you it...

I'm a kid, about 9 or 10 I guess, and I'm lying in a hospital bed in a children's ward. It's Christmas time, there's a tree in the corner, tinsel wrapped around drips, that sort of thing. I'm lying there when there's a big commotion, kids squealing, lights and cameras as Noel Edmonds comes into the room dressed as Santa Claus with a sack over his back. He proceeds to give every kid, including me, a Deal or No Deal red box. Then he's talking to me asking me what I'm going to do, giving me all his lines: ”A wise move JK, I think the banker has you down as a player” and “You may host a talk show and talk the talk but can you walk the walk JK, what number are you going to pick next?”
I'm down to two boxes, my own and the number 12 box held by the jaundiced looking kid strapped into the bed opposite and in the dream I don't know what to do. I feel like crying – I just don't know what to do. I decide to open my own box...it's empty. The kid opposite opens his box, “Sorry JK,” he says. Inside his box is a beating human heart. The heart I needed for my transplant.

JK, London

(Noel Edmonds is a television presenter/game show host)

Mercury Vague : The dream is weighed down by religious symbols. Christmas, heart, the number 12 (disciples), lights. Noel Edmonds is recognised as a Christ like figure in dreams and often signifies a second coming, a rejuvenation of spirit, a transcendence.
At least that's what I told JK it meant...

celebrity dreams no:16
posted by Mercury Vague at 22:59