Thursday 12 July 2007

the Diddy Men, Duncan Goodhew & the Detective

I’m a hardboiled film noir detective dressed in my raincoat, wide-brimmed hat, constantly smoking. I’m backstage at a theatre in the dressing room of the Ken Dodd’s Diddymen. They are all knee height and they are all talking at once. I’m trying to make sense of them, get them to talk one at a time or just shut up.
“You’ve got to help us,” says Dickie Mint, “I mean, you should have seen him, his throat cut from ear to ear”
He’s referring to Hamish McDiddy who had his throat slit the previous night. They all start talking at once again.
“Is there anyone who has a grudge against you?”
Mick The Marmalizer pushes his way to the front of the group.
“I think I knows who done it, big man,” he says, “Duncan Goodhew”.
Then, I’ve tracked Duncan down to an indoor swimming pool. I walk round and round the edge, but he won’t come out. Just continues swimming up and down, length after length after length. In the dream I fantasise about getting my gun out and shooting him as he swims. I can see the water clouding red and his hairless body bobbing just under the surface like some sort of clubbed seal.


S Baring, London

(The Diddymen are Ken Dodds backing group, Duncan Goodhew is a swimmer)

Mercury Vague : A delightful dream with a clear reading. Seeing yourself as a detective indicates personal troubles ahead. Bald men, like Duncan Goodhew, are usually indicative of swindlers and chiselers. DiddyMen mean complicated problems are magically solved.
celebrity dreams no:24
posted by Mercury Vague at 10:05