Thursday 12 July 2007

JK's Dream #3: Norris and Ross McWhirter & Weightlifting

This was one of JK’s most vivid recurring dreams.

I’m in the television studios, only it’s not my show it’s the shoot for Record Breakers. I’m dressed only in weightlifting trunks and boots, my body is pumped up and oiled and I’m feeling quite aggressive. Standing either side of me as I look at the cameras are Ross and Norris McWhirter. They face each other and are attached by a steel weightlifting pole that is somehow fixed to them in the middle of their chests. ”JK is now going to make his third world record attempt,” says Ross, “Remember JK you must lock out your elbows on every lift.”
Norris holds a clipboard and stopwatch but says nothing. I grasp the pole, snort air out of my nostrils and lift the twins for the first time.
“One.” Says Ross. The dream carries on as I repeatedly lift Ross and Norris on the pole and Ross carries on counting. It’s a great effort to do this but I never seem to tire.

JK, London

(Norris and Ross McWhirter wrote the Guiness Book of World Records)

Mercury Vague : Ross and Norris, Ying and Yang, Happy and Sad, Good Cop Bad Cop. Rather than analyse JK's dream in a conventional fashion I just told him that it brought to mind two famous quotes about 'weight':

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life; That word is love" Sophocles (496-406 BC)

"Getting my lifelong weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others in every way" Oprah Winfrey (1954- )

celebrity dream no 25
posted by Mercury Vague at 22:13

1 Comments:

Blogger Tawnya Shields said...

Whoa! This is one awesome blog! I will link you as on of my best Astral Travelers. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'll be back.

13 July 2007 at 03:09  

Post a Comment

<< click here for Celebrity Dreams home page >>